Friday 18 November 2016

"I kinda dig these awkward silences"

Here's a band who have a sound I really really like. To be honest, I've never actually followed The Hold Steady or know much about them. They just happen to be on my radar and I like what they do. While The Hold Steady don't do much on the way of choruses, they don't shy from a good song title - Charlemagne In Sweatpants, Chips Ahoy! and I Hope This Whole Thing Didn't Frighten You being some of my favourites.

Coincidentally, this post ties in with the reissue of the Hold Steady's first two albums. Honestly, it is a concidence. Anyway, here's a handful of my fave tracks. The first one is from the band's second album 'Separation Sunday', released in 2005. The second one is from 2014's 'Teeth Dreams', and the video is a terrific live version of my favourite Hold Steady song, originally from 2007's 'Boys & Girls In America' album.



Soundtrack:




No comments:

Post a Comment