Wednesday 4 November 2015

Welsh Wednesday #60

The Biggest Kick by 60ft Dolls

You guys. Whenever I get one of my irrational meltdowns, your lovely words lift and reassure me. Thus, I've decided to keep this series going. Yaaay! When I was considering drawing it to a close, I decided to get as far as #60 and end where I began - with the 60ft Dolls. Their brilliant Stay was the very first Welsh Wednesday post. That was a song that heralded what should have been a very successful career. It didn't work out that way.

Drained after a gruelling world tour, the band reconvened to record their second album. By the time it was released in 1998, they were no more. It's a shame as it also had some cracking tunes on it, one of which was The Biggest Kick, which wouldn't have been out of place on their debut. Having said that, it does sound a little more produced which I suppose is to be expected. I reckon it might well have been a single had they not split when they did. Good tune, big sound - the sound of Newport during Cool Cymru.

Once again, diolch yn fawr! See you next Welsh Wednesday.



(Sorry for the version below - it's the only one I could find...)




5 comments:

  1. Somehow this band passed me by at the time, but I like this a lot and will investigate further. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welsh wednesday led me to Cat LeBon's Cyrk, so I am glad the seies will continue.

    ReplyDelete