Saturday 12 September 2015

Autumnal covers 2

This week, a couple of duets. I know a few XTC fans are regular readers, so you may enjoy this take on Towers of London. Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs have made three albums together, 'Under The Covers' vols 1, 2 & 3. Each is a covers record featuring tunes from a different decade. This is from volume 3, the 80s album. OK, so it's nothing radical, but I love the way their vocals harmonise so effortlessly.

You And Your Sister appeared on Chris Bell's only solo album following his departure from Big Star. It's a truly stunning recording in its original form, but there is something about Kim Deal's voice that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when I hear it. Tanya Donelly's voice is so sweet, it's almost in complete contrast to Kim's, yet they go so well together. That's what makes this version of You And Your Sister, from the third This Mortal Coil album, such a delight.



Soundtrack:

1 comment:

  1. Stellar picks today. I really like all three volumes from Sid 'n Susie. I know what you mean about Kim and Tanya too.

    ReplyDelete