Sunday 1 June 2014

Special self-indulgent celebratory post

Today marks exactly 10 years that MrsRobster and I tied the knot and became a legitimate married couple. We'd already done the living together and having kids part so what the heck? May as well go the whole hog, right?

Of course there was a little more to it than that, but we had lasted for 8 and a half years up to that point through thick and thin. Even so, 10 years of marriage is a decent achievement in this day and age which is why I'm shouting about it.

So I dedicate these songs to MrsRobster for putting up with my nonsense for so long, and to us as a couple for successfully fighting off everything life threw at us in an attempt to break us up. Fuck you, life! Ha!

I Like You - Morrissey (from 'I Am The Quarry')
Primarily for the lines "Why do you think I let you get away with all the things you say to me?" and "I like you because you're not right in the head, and nor am I." If ever mere lyrics could sum up our relationship perfectly, then surely these are them.

Pictures Of You - The Cure (from 'Disintegration')
A fave of MrsRobster this one. She once made a compilation CD for me which included this track and ever since I always think of her whenever I hear it.

The Wake-Up Bomb - R.E.M. (from 'New Adventures In Hi-Fi')
R.E.M. brought us together, so it's only right I add them to the list. But which song? The year we got hitched, R.E.M. released 'Around The Sun', their worst album which contains nothing worthy of being posted on this blog. We got together in 1995 when the band was between two albums. We saw them on the 'Monster' tour, during which they recorded the bulk of 'New Adventures In Hi-Fi', so I've plumped for something from the latter. Bloody good track too.

Here's to the next 10 years!
(if the poor woman hasn't strangled me first...)

2 comments: